Independent Speech and Language Therapy
I provide independent Speech and Language Therapy in Shropshire and surrounding counties that is flexible, fits around family life and is tailored for each child.
I work closely with families to help parents understand their child's needs and address difficulties in a fun and practical way.
I offer time and I always involve all the family so that you can carry on helping your child's speech and language skills in all environments. I feel it is so important to explain what I am working on and why I am using the specific exercises, games and activities so that you and your child are involved in your child's progress. This will promote the well-being and confidence of your child.
Speech and Language Therapy aims to help your child become a happy and confident communicator. I offer a free initial telephone consultation to discuss your concerns and the difficulties your child is having. We will talk about how I can help and discuss what therapy options are available, including information about fees.
I offer assessment and intervention for children aged 2 to 11 years old with a wide range of communication difficulties.
Children who will benefit from my service include those who have difficulties in one or more areas of their speech, language and communication skills. These may include:
- Using first words
- Attention, listening and concentrating
- Unclear speech sounds (and articulating sounds accurately)
- Phonology (understanding and selecting the right sounds in words)
- Fluency (including stammering/stuttering)
- Speech or verbal dyspraxia (motor coordination for speech)
- Receptive language (processing and understanding spoken instructions)
- Expressive language (putting words into sentences)
- Using grammar correctly
- Retrieving and using words appropriately
- Pragmatic language (social communication and interaction with others)
- Semantic language (understanding words and their meanings)
- Cleft lip and palate
My service covers assessment, reports, therapy and therapy programmes tailored to the particular need of each individual child, with very clear monitoring of the child's progress using outcome measures.
Each child will always have a treatment plan which can inform the Individual Education Plan (IEP) in their school/preschool setting.
As an independent therapist I can offer:
- One-to-one sessions, with home activities specifically tailored to each child's needs.
- Appointments at times to suit your needs.
- E-mail and phone liaison between sessions to discuss any concerns
- Full involvement of parents in the therapeutic process
- A collaborative approach involving parents, school staff and other professionals
- Liaison with the child's NHS therapist
I can also offer training for parents-to-be, parents, Nursery staff and Teachers, as well as other professional groups. This is a bespoke service tailored to the specific requirements of the individual or group.